Elite Builders is a New York City-based General Contractor, and was founded by Marc Kaplan, who joined the construction industry over a decade ago. Together, they bring years of experience and a multitude of competent managerial staff and skilled craftsmen. Utilizing the most innovative technologies to complete both interior and exterior work, Elite Builders specializes in performing both residential and commercial projects.
We offer our clients a highly personalized service, leading them through the construction process in a series of steps, to enable them to make educated, important decisions about their project. Elite Builders also provides construction services to the leading architects, designers and building managers for all aspects of the renovation process. We can provide all of the logistics, equipment and tradesmen you’ll need to complete your project. We also work with only the most competent and qualified subcontractors of various trades.
How To Choose a Contractor
Choosing a home remodeling contractor is not always as simple as picking the lowest-priced bid for the job. An “apples to apples” comparison is not easy to make. Quality of work, as well as what’s included in the contract and what’s not, can vary substantially from contractor to contractor. There are many things a homeowner should consider:
- What kind of attention to detail does the contractor exhibit in his work?
- Will corners be cut in areas that may affect the integrity of the job?
- Will substandard or lower-quality materials and products be used?
- How well are changes that may occur dealt with, as the job progresses?
- Are excessive rates for changes being charged?
- Will your household needs during the construction process be accommodated?
- Will the contractor follow up on your needs and concerns after the job is completed?
- Will subcontractors you don’t know, be brought in to do the work?
- As a homeowner, you should be looking for the most value for your money, not necessarily the lowest price for the job. Our recommendation: First, choose a contractor you are confident can satisfy the above concerns. Second, check references. Third, work with that contractor to negotiate a remodeling project that is within your budget.